Archive for January, 2010
Friday, January 8th, 2010
Here are some ideas on how to prepare your property for sale:
- Clear away the clutter. Clear away mess from kids and teenagers. Maybe promise them incentives for keeping their rooms clean?
- Old or unnecessary low grade furniture can be disposed of in a garage sale or put into storage temporarily. Remember that “less is more”. The more empty space is seen in your house, the more potential people will see in it. People prefer houses with spacious living area.
- Give your house a spring cleaning. Remove any cobwebs, clean the shower recesses, dirt around the window frames. Pay attention to the kitchen and bathroom areas. Remove
- Steam clean your carpets.
- Clean out the gutters of your home. Make sure the downpipes are not blocked. If need be, repair the gutters of your home if you have the available cash and the job is not too expensive. Otherwise, water damage can result and it necessitate costly repairs, and buyers will most likely use it as a bargaining chip against you after the building report is done.
- Imagine yourself visiting your property for the first time from the roadside. Consider what you can do with the vegetation and the pathways to make the entry to your home more attractive. You could steam lean paths and driveways, making it look much newer. Clipping back some vegetation might make the property more attractive to potential buyers. You never get a second chance at a first impression.
- Wash walls, if the house still needs needs repainting, choose a neutral colour like cream or off-white. Anything that makes rooms more light-filled will generally be appreciated by ladies, who are often the key decision makers in choosing a home.